The thyroid is a small gland located in your neck. Hypothyroidism is diagnosed when you have an underactive thyroid gland. The thyroid creates and releases thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), thyroxine (T4), and triiodothyronine (T3). The thyroid’s job is to control your body’s metabolism — the process by which your body converts what you eat and drink into energy — through the hormones it releases. There is an evidenced-based link between hypothyroidism and infertility in women.
Symptoms of this condition include:
- Unexplained weight loss
- Increased appetite
- Feelings of nervousness and anxiety
- Difficulty sleeping
- Increased sweating and heat intolerance
- Interference with the release of an egg from the ovary – resulting in infertility
Other Signs and Symptoms of Hypothyroidism
Hypothyroidism Therapy Specialist
Dr. Hugh Melnick – founder of Advanced Fertility Services in NYC – is one of very few fertility doctors offering treatment for subclinical hypothyroidism.
- Pioneering doctor of preserving a woman’s future fertility through the world class Oocyte Preservation Program
- Renowned publisher of numerous scientific research articles in prominent medical journals and medical textbook contributions
- Acclaimed author of The Pregnancy Prescription – a prestigious book written for those coping with the challenges of infertility, including information on how best to overcome infertility
Read the Doctor’s contribution to the American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology about subclinical hypothyroidism and its effect on a woman’s fertility.
Dr. Hugh Melnick pays close attention to the diagnosis and treatment of hypothyroidism – a common condition among women suffering from infertility.
Hypothyroidism Therapy Expertise
It is important to work with a fertility specialist who has the clinical experience to design a therapeutic treatment plan meeting your personal needs.
Your initial consultation to find out if you are a candidate for Subclinical Hypothyroidism Therapy can be conducted with the Doctor via telephone, Skype or FaceTime.
Schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Hugh Melnick at Advanced Fertility Services by calling 212.369.8700 – or – clicking the icon below.