It is more important to acquire professionally affiliated definite expert referral for thyroid doctor consultations with a thyroid specialist in your area by an expert source such as The American Thyroid Association, than to research sources for discounts in the cost of the examination and tests. However, if price comparing has to be one of your budget considerations, understand that if you have Medicare or private insurance coverage, thyroid examinations and testing are usually covered, at least for 80%, with you paying the remainder 20% of costs.
There are centers for thyroid treatment across the United States which offer unique discounts on their laboratory services. Other medical centers also offer sliding scale costs for the examination and treatment by their thyroidologists. It is resourceful for the patient to investigate these opportunities for reduced costs prior to making appointments to be evaluated.
- CancerCare Organization offers free or discounted care for cancer patients including thyroid cancer.
- Health Clinics – Professional medical thyroid care free of charge thyroid doctor consultations or discounted fees
- Preventative Women’s Care including thyroid doctor consultations, thyroid screening and congenital issues
- Discounted Health Centers HRSA
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services offers a locator for clinics and thyroid doctor consultations that provide discounts on an income-based sliding scale.
American Thyroid Association May Provide Names
If the foregoing listing of affordable medical services for thyroid issues does not connect you with a viable sliding scale or reduced professional cost medical center for treatment of thyroid dysfunction and disease, patients can contact the American Thyroid Association for a listing of affordable care medical centers. The primary focus of the Association is to provide patients with names of specialists in their locale; however, it is possible that they can assist in locating sliding scale facilities. The failure of the Affordable Care Act passed in 2013 was an egregious loss to the medical profession and the American thyroid patients as well as all other diseases and cancers. Nonetheless, affordable care is possible if you do your research for the best center offering reduced costs.
New York City is privileged to have Hugh D . Melnick, MD as an expert in treatment of thyroid dysfunction, cancers, and the fertility and reproductive complications caused by the thyroid dysfunction. Whatever the type and degree of your thyroid medical issue, Dr. Melnick and his sensitive staff can accommodate your needs. For information on the office’s insurance and payment requirements and all other patient needs, contact the office today to determine those regulations for patients and then to arrange for your initial conference and consultation.