You may have never needed a United States thyroid doctor before. Think of your thyroid gland as the fuel pump for your automobile. If the pump is not performing to capacity, your car’s engine will be fuel-deprived and will run slowly. Should that fuel pump supply too much fuel, your car’s engine will run too fast and burn out. In the same manner, an underactive thyroid gland causes a medical condition known as hypothyroidism, resulting in many unpleasant symptoms affecting the patient’s physical wellbeing.
The primary symptoms are:
- Weight gain and inability to lose weight
- Chronically cold especially hands and feet.
- Retention of fluids, swelling
- Dry hair and/or loss of hair
- Dry skin, fingernails too brittle and break easily
- Constipation of bowel
- Irregular menstrual periods, including heavy menstrual flow, reproductive infertility and the cause of miscarriages
- Incapacitating joint and muscle pains
- Painful joint Carpal and Metatarsal Tunnel syndrome
- Hands or feet tingle or are numb
- You experience ringing or ticking sound
- You are diagnosed with Fibromyalgia or Chronic Fatigue
- Extreme and chronic fatigue
- Decreased sexual libido
- You feel mentally foggy
- You are diagnosed with Adult Attention Deficit Disorder, decreased concentration
- You experience poor short term memory
- You are a woman who has experienced Postpartum Depression
Why Diagnosis Requires Specialization
There are two basic problems causing failure to diagnose subclinical hypothyroidism:
- The normal range for a blood test to diagnose hypothyroidism is too narrow and restrictive to correctly diagnose symptomatically hypothyroid patients;
- In addition to TSH levels, other thyroid hormones, T4 and T3, as well as thyroid tissue antibodies, must be evaluated regarding symptoms of hypothyroidism.
Consulting the Top United States Specialist Nearest To You
If you have suffered any or most of the above-referenced symptoms, you should consult a United States thyroid doctor, namely a thyroidologist or endocrinologist. The common problem in pursuing this appointment and treatment by a specialist is of the medical science making. You might find yourself as a patient running through a labyrinth of medical offices and various labs, and even begin defending your symptoms to the healthcare professionals. You should bypass your general practitioner and all of his requirements for references, and get an expert referral from the informative Thyroid Foundation of America. This foundation can give you a referral to the best United States thyroid doctor for you.
Skype Can Facilitate Your Initial Conference
In selecting one of the top thyroid specialists in the United States, it is possible the doctor selected is not geographically close to your home. You may find the use of Skype to initiate the first consultation with a specialist is very cost effective and time efficient for both you and your new thyroid specialist. This type of service is going to benefit patients and medical practices in a very good way, especially in developed countries with a higher percentage of individual Internet familiarity and expertise.
The staff of Dr. Hugh D. Melnick is experienced in consultations via Skype, and welcomes the contact from new prospective patients requiring Dr. Melnick’s expertise treating all levels of thyroid disease and infertility problems associated with thyroid disease.
He has published many articles in medical literature and taught medical students and also postgraduate physicians. He is a successful author of books on medical issues for the lay person and makes frequent appearances on Sirius Doctor Radio, in which he answers patient’s questions from across our entire country.
Unique Thyroid Treatment Approach
Dr. Melnick’s vast specialization experience led him to develop a unique approach to diagnosis and treatment of hypothyroidism. He has recognized and addresses how hypothyroidism can badly affect every part of your body.