Below, you will find a list of symptoms, both physical and psychological, that are experienced by women who have under active thyroid function. These symptoms may vary in degree and in intensity.
- Weight gain/ difficulty in losing weight
- Always feeling cold, severely affected by cold weather, hands and feet always cold.
- Water retention
- Dry hair and/or hair loss.
- Dry skin and brittle fingernails
- Irregular periods, heavy menstrual flow, infertility, miscarriages
- Joint or muscle pains
- Carpal and/or Metatarsal Tunnel syndrome
- Tingling or numbness of the hands or feet
- Hearing Ringing or Ticking in the inner ear
- Diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or Fibromyalgia
Checklist of Psychological Symptoms
- Decreased Sex Drive
- Mentally Foggy
- Decreased Concentration (AADD)
- Poor Recent Memory
- Postpartum Depression